Reformation Tours shares your concerns about the coronavirus and travel safety. Our biggest priority is the health and well-being of our travelers. We are monitoring news and travel updates for all the countries that we include on our tours. We have prepared some links to help you find information quickly. Here’s the latest news from our insurer, RoamRight.
We know that you were looking forward to travelling this year and it’s a real disappointment. I know that you have been frustrated waiting for refunds and we apologize for the delay. We have been waiting to receive the refunds from our suppliers, and the Passion Play Committee.
Here is the refund plan:
Although many companies are only offering credit vouchers, we are committed to refunding as much cash as we possibly can. If you decide to cancel a tour while it’s still an active tour, then the regular cancellation penalties apply. Credit card fees are not refundable. Insurance, although non-refundable, can be transferred to future trips within 12 months (with us or other companies).
1st wave of refunds: Commencing this week (May 18 onwards) in tour departure order
- Final payment
- Group air
- Pre / Post tour travel
- Single supplements
- Credit voucher for tours in 2021/2022 (based on cost of 1st and 2nd deposits)
- Oberammergau gift book
2nd wave of refunds: We will have cash flow to issue further refunds after travel has resumed (not until 2021) and we can use supplier credit vouchers
- Credit vouchers can be transferred to new travelers (restrictions apply)
- Travelers can apply for a partial refund (less the cancellation penalty)
The credit voucher is issued because we don’t currently have the funds to refund in full. We lost $500,000 in covid-related cancellation penalties and a lot of our suppliers were only able to issue us with future credit. We know that this is not an ideal situation, but we don’t have the liquidity to do more. The coronavirus has decimated the tourism industry unfortunately.
We do ask for your patience as we are sending out refunds to a large number of travelers and we want to do so as quickly as possible. We will continue to send tour members specific details about their tours via e-mail and would ask that you don’t call the office at this time, as our staff numbers are greatly reduced at the moment.
What about flights?
- If you were on a group flight with us, there’s nothing you need to do.
- If you booked individual air tickets with us, then our wonderful air consolidators are already working on your refund. Our policy is to wait and see if the airline cancels, as that entitles you to a refund, less the consolidator’s $35 per person fee. If the airline doesn’t cancel the flight, they will issue you with a credit voucher or charge a cancellation penalty if you cancel. See below for the latest from the airlines.
Trustworthy information on Coronavirus
World Health Organization (WHO)
Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC)
US State Department
Robert Koch Institute (Germany)
Gov.UK (United Kingdom)
Swiss Confederation (Switzerland)
US Embassy in Italy (Italy)
Irish Government (Ireland)
Austrian Tourist Board (Austria)
TSA page (NEW)
Map showing worldwide numbers
Links to Airline Updates
Airlines are currently offering no-change fees for flights departing before May 30. Please use these links to see the latest news from each airline:
Conde Nast report on all airlines