Reformation Tours shares your concerns about the coronavirus and travel safety. Our biggest priority is the health and well-being of our travelers and all tours have been postponed until at least March 2021. Click here to see when international travel will open in this country-by-country guide.
We are currently working on our tours for 2021 and 2022 and the new tour catalogue will be available very soon. We look forward to welcoming you on future trips.
Here is the refund plan:
Although many companies are only offering credit vouchers, we refunded as much cash as we possibly could. Some of our Passion Play travelers were issued credit vouchers (for the deposit only) due to the high cancellation penalties we were charged by some suppliers and the non-recoverable expenses. We have reduced our operating expenses to the minimum.
Insurance update on June 3: We will transfer insurance to new tour dates in 2021. Travelers on Oberammergau tours will now receive an insurance credit voucher valid for 2 years – which means your policies are still usable for tours in 2021 and 2022.
1st wave of refunds: Mailed on May 22/23, 2020
- Final payment
- Group air
- Pre / Post tour travel
- Single supplements
- Credit voucher for tours in 2021/2022 (based on cost of 1st and 2nd deposits)
- Oberammergau gift book
2nd wave of refunds: We will have cash flow to issue further refunds after travel has resumed (not until 2021) and we can use supplier credit vouchers
- Credit vouchers can be transferred to new travelers (restrictions apply)
- Travelers can apply for a partial refund (less the cancellation penalty)
What about flights?
- If you were on a group flight with us, there’s nothing you need to do.
- If you booked individual air tickets with us, then our wonderful air consolidators have now been able to refund 97% of all flights and so we’re almost done. Our policy was to wait and see if the airline cancels, as that entitles you to a refund, less the consolidator’s $35 per person fee. If the airline doesn’t cancel the flight, they will issue you with a credit voucher or charge a cancellation penalty if you cancel.
Trustworthy information on Coronavirus
World Health Organization (WHO)
Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC)
US State Department
Robert Koch Institute (Germany)
Gov.UK (United Kingdom)
Swiss Confederation (Switzerland)
US Embassy in Italy (Italy)
Irish Government (Ireland)
Austrian Tourist Board (Austria)
TSA page (NEW)
Map showing worldwide numbers